The English Language Development (ELD) Department’s mission is to help students develop the English language skills needed for academic and social purposes by offering services and support that will further our students language development.
Our objectives are to support each school and their teachers with the following:
• Identify and assess students in order to give SOCUSD students the language support they need.
• Ensure that our students become comfortable and confident in communicating with others in English.
• Provide students with opportunities to learn academic vocabulary needed to succeed in all content areas.
• Strive to accommodate all students’ learning styles by supporting teachers with methods and strategies to use in their classrooms.
• Monitor school records to ensure state and federal compliance.
• Give parents timely notifications of their child’s language needs and program options.
• Empower parents to best support their child through the English language acquisition process.
English Classes for Adults
English classes for Adults in Sedona are held every Wednesday night from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at the Sedona Public Library.
English Language Development Coordinator