The Sedona-Oak Creek Educational Foundation ignites the power of community and connects generous hearts with education
- to build and strengthen learning opportunities within the Sedona-Oak Creek Unified School District.
- to attract, manage, and award funds to students, teachers, and programs in the District
- to enrich and make a positive difference for the achievement of education ahead.
A dedicated community of learners focused on strengthening families, valuing leadership at all ages, inspiring public service, and making a difference in our local character
To ensure students are prepared for the challenges of the coming decades, the Sedona-Oak Creek Educational Foundation funds innovative programs and services that supplement and are outside the normal operations of the Sedona Oak-Creek Unified School District. The Foundation awards monies that do the following:
- Provide an innovative and unique educational opportunity for a classroom or program in grades K-12 outside the normal operations of the district through teacher mini-grants.
- Augment the curriculum being offered by the district in grades K-12 through curricular enhancements and instructor professional development.
- Honor and motivate educational achievement of high school students by providing scholarships and financial assistance for the post-secondary aspirations of qualifying graduates.
Board of Directors
The Sedona Educational Foundation is a private 501(c)(3) entity separate from the school district. The foundation is governed by an all volunteer board of directors. The board members are from the business community and the community-at-large. Through their leadership, the SEF will secure funding and award monies to provide supplemental resources that enrich and enhance teaching and learning in the Sedona District.
Jennette Bill: Philanthropist, Rotary Club of Sedona
Jake Weber: VOC Business Owner, Retired
Randy Hawley: SOCUSD Governing Board President
Kathy Wright: Sedona Resident, Former Governing Board Member
Dennis Dearden: District Superintendent