West Sedona Site Council
Next meeting is October 9, 2019 from 3PM-4PM.
The site council is a group of committed parents, staff, and community members who serve as an advisory board to the Principal and are a communication link to the community. The Site Council is committed to the long-range planning of our school and short-term issues as they impact our long-range goals. We have By-Laws that govern the organization and its operation. If you are interested in joining, please attend the next meeting.
The WSS Site Council is comprised of parents, staff and community members.
Our group consists of: Principal, Two-Four Parents of WSS students, Two-Four WSS staff members (certified and non-certified), and Two Community members.
Our Current Board:
Jan Montgomery – President / Community, Brenda Cady – Principal, Heather Herman – Secretary, Amanda Stanfield – Parent, Open Position - Parent, Elizabeth Tavasci – Staff, Holly Kreun - Staff, Viviane Kraus - Staff, Melissa Cristallo – Community, and Open Position – Community
The Work of the Site Council is to:
- Maintain the communications bridge between parents, community, School Board, and WSS
- Review, advise and recommend programs that support and strengthen the school’s goals
- Empower subcommittees to help with the work of the Council
- Provide diversity and continuity of representation of the Council
The Site Council Does Not:
- Exceed the authority of the Principal
- Become involved in the day-to-day operations of the school, or deal with the issues of personnel evaluation, individuals, teachers, students or legal contracts